Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ice Age??

The wind was howling last night! It was a clear drive to my parent's place yesterday and my husband and I had a lovely visit with them. But today, we woke to ice pellets banging against the windows on the north side of the house and the windows covered with ice on the south side. Our trees and shrubs have a covering of glistening ice. You can hear the ice crack when the branches move. We have an open field behind our house and the large trees on the far side are really bending with the force of the wind. My dogs are being cautious with their decent from the deck. I canceled my lunch plans today; I could have made it down my driveway, but the road is like a skating rink.

Being a new mom, I called the stables to check on Gem. Apparently, he's a little grumpy that he can't go outside today. I feel better knowing that he's not slipping around out there. :-)

I just checked outside again. It is sleeting now, quite heavily. I hope that this weather clears up by tomorrow. My sister is having 25 people over for dinner; we will be picking up my folks and making the 40 minute drive. I don't relish the thought of having to drive in this stuff!

I am glad that I am curled up on the couch with my dogs today. If you are suffering with the same weather, please take care if you have to go out!

No comments:

Post a Comment