The rules are quite simple:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Seven things about myself....hmmm....
1) I used to spend a lot of money on clothing. I was introduced to the paying-a-bit-more-means-better-quality concept by my mother (the Ava Gardner look alike, remember?). If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would wear jeans to work or out socializing, I would have said you were crazy. My how times have changed... :-)
2) I own way too many shoes....mostly sandals. Seeing painted toes through sandals makes me feel good. I rarely wear flat shoes; 3 inch heels are the norm.
3) I read.... a lot... I organized a small book club 10 years ago and we meet about every 6 weeks. We all get a chance to pick a book. We are not into the heavy duty stuff - what we read is for pure entertainment. BTW, our top books (10/10 rating) are To Kill a Mockingbird, A Fine Balance and The Kite Runner. We just finished The Summer of Katya (7/10).
4) I love music....all kinds of music. It gives me energy. I have always had a radio at my desk and I have been caught numerous times by co-workers dancing away in my chair or singing along.
5) My mother spent her childhood in Agra, India so I grew up with South Asian/Indian cooking and consider this my comfort food. Basmati rice is a staple in my home and my favourite dishes are biryani, butter chicken, and kofta curry.
6) My immediate family lives within a 30 mile radius, but I also have relatives in England, Australia and Newfoundland.
7) I am not a bystander and believe in getting involved if I see an injustice.
My blogger friends have been very supportive of me over the last year. It's Quarters for Me, Tucker the Wunderkind, A Year with Horses, Santana's Diary, Grey Horse Matters, Canterbalance, Horsecentric and Horse of Course have been with me from the beginning. The rule is to list 15 newly discovered blogs. These are newish to me, some more than others, some have horse connections and some don't!