Thursday, June 20, 2013

Liebster!


Mona over at Panic and the Pony nominated me for a Liebster Award - thank you!!  It's a fun way to get to know each other.  Here are the rules:

HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.  Here are the rules for accepting the award:

  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts about me:
1.   I will not leave the house without eyeliner and lipstick on

2.   I cannot imagine my life without a four-legged companion.

3.   I am a sucker for Turtles, chocolate covered almonds and potato chips - preferably being eaten at the same sitting.

4.   I am not good with bad table manners.

5.   Although vodka soda is my usual drink, I love a cold beer after I ride.

6.   I have recently become addicted to YouTube; horse stuff, operations, funny videos - can't get enough.

7.   My two favourite TV shows right now are Justified and Longmire.

8.   I prefer Fall and Winter riding.

9.   I am very social, but I like time to myself and can sometimes park myself on the couch with my dogs for an entire weekend re-watching favourite movies.

10.   I follow the "3 strikes and you're out" rule when it comes to relationships.  Relationships require work and I am more than willing to make the effort.  But I don't want to invest time in someone who takes advantage or doesn't reciprocate.  After strike 3, I close the door without looking back and walk away.
11.  Retirement sort of frightens me.



Questions from Mona:
1.  Were horses in your childhood?
Yes, but more from a reading perspective.  I did do some trail riding as a teenager, but I didn't become serious about riding until 5 years ago.

2.  What's the weirdest lesson/clinic you've ever had on horseback?
I haven't had "weird" yet, but I did have a lesson where I had to lope with no reins.  This was to improve my balance and help keep my butt in the saddle.  It actually worked.

3.  What one thing would you change about your horse?
That he wasn't so mouthy.

4.  What one thing would you change about yourself?
When it comes to riding, letting go of my insecurities out on the trails.

5.  Do you board or keep your horse at home?
Board.

6.  What is your favorite thing about boarding or keeping your horse at home?
I love boarding because someone is always there for my horse.  He gets checked a few times a day.  I have no worries about his well-being.

7.  What is your least favorite thing about boarding or keeping your horse at home?
I don't like the gossip atmosphere of a boarding situation.

8.  What nicknames do you have for your horse?
Handsome, Bubby

9.  What scares you the most about riding/horses?
Being swarmed by the herd when out on the trails.

10.  What is your best skill around horses?
I am actually good at calming them down for the vet or farrier.

11.  What is your dream pony vacation?
Attending a Buck Brannaman clinic with my horse at a ranch resort location.  :-) 


11 Questions for you:
1.  Who do you prefer - Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds?

2.  What is your favourite gait when riding?

3.  Have you ever had a light bulb moment when riding?

4.  Do you care what you wear to the barn?

5.  Do you wear a helmet when you ride? 

6.  What is/was your favourite book?

7.  What is your favourite part of the riding experience (grooming, competition, lesson, trail)?


8.  What is your favourite season for riding?

9.  Do you have other interests in addition to horses?

10. If you could only have one food if you were stranded on a desert island, what would it be? 

11. Would you prefer a social person next to you on a long flight or someone who keeps to themselves?


I couldn't stop at 11 nominees.  :-)  I wanted to include blogs that I have recently discovered.  Enjoy! 
On the Ground 
Never to Old
It's Harder Than It Looks
Alison Goulding 
The Hard Way  
YaYa Riders  
Artemis Areia


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! It's great to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And thanks for the nomination :D I enjoyed your random facts; I'm enjoying watching Justified too!
    Methinks I shall check out your other nominated blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it's all about, Joy....looking at the nominated blogs. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! It's great getting to know everyone.

      Delete
  4. So much fun to learn more about you!
    Thank you so much for passing the award to me - I'm honored. I received this awhile back, so I'm just going to say Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I was nominated a while back too, but I love to update my info. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nomination! I love these awards because they let us get to know people better, I always love reading the random facts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed that you never leave the house barefaced! Even for the barn?! Looks like you need to be doing some riding/ barn- fashion posts! :) Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even for the barn. As I tell other boarders when they comment that I always look put together, "I have to be responsible to my public...." ;-)

      Delete
  7. Thanks, Wolfie! I've finally posted and answered your questions. Take a look!

    ReplyDelete