Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

July 1st is Canada Day. I love being Canadian......

I love our cultural diversity. I love Canada's big-ness. I love how our provinces and territories have different landscapes. I love that we border on three oceans. I love how much open space we have. I love experiencing four seasons (I actually like winter!). I love our unique wildlife. I love how we have a wide variety of outdoors sports for all seasons. I love that we have two official languages. I love that you can be downtown and be within easy walking distance of greenspace in just about any city in Canada. I love that every Canadian is fed. I love that adventure is still part of Canada. I love that you can be white water rafting in the afternoon and attending a black tie affair that evening. I love the opportunity in Canada. I love our resilience and our sense of humour. I love our music, art and literature. I love being able to go to a doctor or hospital and not have to worry about paying a bill. I love our clean cities. I love our passion for our country. And, of course, I love our national horse, the Canadian. :-)

Happy Canada Day!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for Canada, home of the world's nicest folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks!
    I love living here too, it is truly a blessing.
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I love Canada, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning everyone!

    Thank you for your kind comments and wishes. There was quite the celebration on Parliament Hill yesterday (I was not there). The Queen was a hit in her red suit and white hat. :-) I like this comment from her speech: "This nation has dedicated itself to being a caring home for its own, a sanctuary for others and an example to the world,". Nice, eh? :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that more people belong to a credit union in Canada than in any other country (I wonder if that's part of the reason there hasn't been as bad of a recession in Canada?).

    :)

    Watch out, you are going to get us all moving there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Canada Day! Even if I am late!

    ReplyDelete